Sunday, March 24, 2024

REVIEW: The Holy Terrors

 The Holy Terrors
Author: Simon R. Green


Simon R. Green is one of my favorite authors. I will have to be totally honest here and say I am not totally impartial/neutral when I write reviews of his books. If Simon wrote a lengthy novel about assembling bookshelves while doing hot yoga, I would read the book and give it 5 stars. I've been addicted to his books since the Nightside series. 

The minute I saw he had a new series about a ghost hunting television show that encounters a very real, dangerous situation,  knew I had to read the book! And, as usual, Simon did not disappoint. I loved this book! 

Can you imagine the crew of Ghosthunters if they entered a spooky location and REAL spooky shit started happening? What if they suspected one of their crew/cast was a really bad person? What if the whole situation was actually really dangerous....and not just fake BS? They would totally freak out....and I would watch every second of that shit. Definitely.

I love the mix of humor and scary. The premise is fun and entertaining. And, it immediately had me hooked. A bunch of celebrities gathering for another fake reality show.....but they end up in an actual dark, twisted situation. The end wasn't my favorite -- but it worked. Totally satisfied and ready for more!

Loved it! Can't wait for the next book! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Severn House. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment