Sunday, March 24, 2024

REVIEW: Ill-Fated Fortune

 Ill-Fated Fortune
Author: Jennifer Chow


When I read the blurb for this new cozy series, I immediately snagged book 1 for review. It just sounded like such a magical and delightful premise. Felicity Jin grew up helping her mother run their magical bakery. She usually leaves the cooking to her mother who definitely has the magical baking skills. When Felicity tries her hand at baking fortune cookies things go all wrong....deadly wrong. 

I loved the premise, the setting, the characters....this first book in the Magical Fortune Cookie series was just fun to read! 

The pace was a little slow in this first book, but there was a lot of character and setting building that needed to happen! I'm totally on board for the next book! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St. Martins Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment