Thursday, September 22, 2022

REVIEW: Baxter - K9 Hero

 Baxter: K9 Hero
Author: Jodi Burnett


When a 10-year old girl disappears while on a school field trip, FBI Agent Kendra Dean and her K9 partner Baxter immediately jump into action to find her. This novella is a short, but action-packed introduction to the FBI K9 series by Jodi Burnett.

This is the first book I've read by Burnett. I was thrilled to discover the story is set where I live. I love reading stories that have places, roads, landmarks that I recognize! The story is paced perfectly and has plenty of action. I like Kendra as a main character. She is intelligent, skilled, trusts her K9 partner 100%, and knows just how to circumnavigate issues with other law enforcement officers. The story definitely kept my attention from start to finish. Favorite character? Baxter, of course! What a good boy!!

I'm a sucker for K9 thrillers, so I will definitely be reading this entire series and Burnett's Tin Star K9 series as well! Looks like I'm set for dog action/adventure thrillers for a little while! Yay!

This prequel story to the FBI K9 series is available for free through the author's website: https://jodi-burnett.com/  Navigate to the Giveaways tab and you can download 3 books, including a cookbook.

I already have the first book in this series downloaded to my Kindle. I can't wait to start reading Avenging Adam!




No comments:

Post a Comment