Saturday, September 24, 2022

REVIEW: In Hot Water

 In Hot Water
Author: Kate Kingsbury


This series has been on my "I want to read this'' list for several months. I was at the library a few days ago and saw the second book on the shelf. I didn't see the first one so I pulled out my phone and looked it up. Yes...library has a copy it...but checked out and one other person in line waiting. Drat. Went to speak to a librarian to see if another library in the system had it. None available. But then the librarian smiled and said the magic words -  "It is available through our inter-library loan system from another nearby library though!" Huzzah! Hold placed....and I picked it up the following Friday. I told you that lengthy library saga just to add these next sentences:  I had to wait a week to get my hands on a copy of this book, and I'm glad I did. This story was worth the extra effort and the wait time!!

The basics: Following the death of her husband, Vivian Wainright fulfills a life-long dream and opens a British style tea shop, the Willow Pattern Tearoom, in Misty Bay, Oregon.Vivian is living her best life and doing her best to deal with her grief and loss. Problems arise when the ex-husband of her assistant is found dead on the beach. Apparently he fell from a balcony of a nearby hotel. And it wasn't an accident. When suspicion falls on her employee, Vivian and her staff jump in to do some amateur sleuthing. After all, they can't let Jenna go to prison for a murder she didn't commit!

This cozy mystery is entertaining and fun to read. I like the characters, the setting, and the plot. There is plenty of action, investigation, and suspects. The plot moves at a nice pace and the tearoom setting is an enjoyable background for a cozy mystery. I'm a huge fan of tea, so I loved the title and the premise.

Glad I finally got around to starting this series! It is a relatively new series..as I write this, there are only two books. I already have book 2, In Too Steep, on hold at the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment