Thursday, September 29, 2022

REVIEW: On Skein of Death

 On Skein of Death
Author: Allie Pleiter


As I write this, it's late September. The weather is getting rather fall-ish, and every year when that happens I get in the mood for knitting and reading murder mysteries. :) I saw book one of the Riverbank Knitting Mystery series on the shelf at the library and knew this series would be a great way to mix two of my favorite Fall activities!

The basics: Libby Beckett returns to her hometown in Maine to follow her life-long dream of owning a yarn shop. She names her new shop Y.A.R.N. which has a special meaning to her, but she puts up a blackboard so customers can leave their own definitions for what the letters mean. Things are going great at first. The town even declares an entire day as Yarn Day to honor her shop! And, a special famous guest is coming to host a knitting event. But then things go horribly wrong. Her famous guest is murdered! Libby finds herself doing some amateur sleuthing to discover a killer, save her shop and make everyone in town feel safe again. Will she be successful before everything in her life unravels?

I enjoyed this book! I like the characters and the setting, and definitely love the mix of amateur sleuthing and knitting! This is the first book by Allie Pleiter that I've read. I will definitely be reading more! I already have book 2 in this series on hold at the library! :) Can't wait to read it!


No comments:

Post a Comment