Saturday, September 3, 2022

REVIEW: Mousse & Murder

 Mousse & Murder
Author: Elizabeth Logan


Mousse and Murder is the first book in the Alaskan Diner Mystery series. The author's name is Elizabeth Logan, a pseudonym for the writer Camille Minichino (who also writes as Ada Madison (Sophie Knowles Mysteries) and Margaret Grace (Geraldine Porter Mystery series)). Whew.....that's a lot of names!

The basics: Charlotte "Charlie'' Cooke helps her mother run the Bear Claw diner in Elkview, Alaska. The diner isn't a big place or fancy....but it serves great food. When Charlie suggests a slight recipe change, the diner's chef throws a hissy and storms out. Several hours later, Charlie finds herself a suspect in his murder. Who killed Oliver?

I enjoyed this book! I already have the second book on hold at my local library. :) I like the setting, the characters and the mystery is interesting. The pacing is good, and all in all, the plot is well written and developed. This is definitely a cozy mystery, but it kept me entertained and engaged from start to finish. My favorite character?? The cat, of course! Eggs Benedict -- or Benny for short -- is supremely awesome!

There are even a couple tasty recipes from the story in the back of the book. Not sure I will be making moose meatloaf anytime soon, but it does sound good!!

Can't wait to pick up my book on Friday and find out what's next up for the diner crew from Elkview!




No comments:

Post a Comment