Saturday, March 5, 2016

REVIEW: Something Strange and Deadly

The dead are rising from their graves in Philadelphia. When a zombie delivers a letter from her missing brother, Eleanor Fitt knows she has more to worry about than her family's declining finances. The dead are attacking, and life will never be the same. Miss Fitt will have to become a misfit and join the Spirit-Hunters to battle the walking dead.

Yeah, I said it. Walking dead. ;)

This book was amazing! I love zombie tales! And this one had enough steampunk-y goodness mixed in to make it quite an action packed romp, spiced with a few stolen kisses and funny parts too. Well-written, interesting and dark. Great read! There were a couple rough patches....I had the twist figured out by chapter 3. And some of the dialogue between characters was strange. For example at one point, the Chinese character tells Eleanor that girls in China have their heads shaved until they are old enough to bind their feet. Not true. The line was enough to make me pause reading and do some fact checking....but it didn't ruin the story for me. I did get the shock of accidentally loading some weird head shaving erotica....ah, the magic of the internet. lol.

This book totally makes up for the fact I hated Truthwitch and didn't finish reading it. I'm going to stick with this series, and leave the threads and truthwitches to their own devices.

There are two more books in this series: A Darkness Strange and Lovely and Strange and Ever After. Definitely going to keep reading!

My Rating: 8/10
Ages 14+

No comments:

Post a Comment