Saturday, September 24, 2016

REVIEW: The Ill-Kept Oath

The Ill-Kept Oath
Author:  C.C. Aune

**I received a copy of this upcoming book from W.I. Creative Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for a fair, honest review.**

Set in Regency England, the Ill-Kept oath is about cousins Prudence Fairfeather and Lady Josephine Weston. The two young ladies are coming of age, and will discover true magic, adventure and family secrets that will change their lives forever. This isn't a run of the mill historical romance. Not even close. Take a London Season for Prudence and the excitement of uniformed soldiers for Josephine and add in magical talismans, trolls in the forest, and dangerous family secrets. It makes for a fun, exciting, supernatural-fantasy-historical-romance thrilling romp!

I loved this book! The two main characters are very different in personality but both are engaging and believable. The side characters were well-developed and the story engaging throughout. I loved the threat of trolls wandering through the woods outside the Manor. It made the story a bit like Pride and Prejudice and Trolls. Who needs zombies when you have trolls?

The plot was not predictable. It left me guessing until the end. There were several twists and turns that I didn't see coming. I was engrossed in the story the entire time!

I love the fact that C.C. Aune took a basic story added in some zigs and zags and created a combination romantic-fantasy-supernatural tale! Although she has been writing for most of her life, this is C.C Aune's first published book. What a kick-ass debut novel!!! I absolutely LOVE IT when I read a first book that just knocks my socks off!! I will definitely be looking for more books by this author!

This book would definitely make a great movie!

The Ill-Kept Oath will be published by W.I. Creative Publishing on September 27th. For readers who enjoy period romance, sci-fi, fantasy or action-adventure, I highly recommend reading this book!! Pick up a copy and help a first-time author, or ask your library to get a copy for their shelves! You won't be sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment