Thursday, July 30, 2020

REVIEW: Nature's Ninja

Nature's Ninja: Animals with Spectacular Skills
Author: Rebecca L. Johnson

Some animals have mad ninja skills! Climbing, hiding, silent running, hunting, tracking -- animals have some awesome physical abilities they use to survive. 

Each chapter highlights a skill associated with ninja like climbing, thrown weapon skills, swordsmanship, swimming, and camouflage, and    then describes animals who use that skill. Johnson also includes facts about the scientists who study these talented animals. The types of animals are varied from geckos and otters to sea urchins and swordfish.

This is the second audio book by Johnson that I've listened to. I loved this one just as much as When Lunch Fights Back: Wickedly Clever Animal Defenses. 

It took me a bit to get used to the narrator....he over-enunciates and reads in an overly excited voice for the entire book. But.....this book is geared to children and the voice actor was trying to be entertaining. I got used to his voice quickly and just enjoyed the animal facts and humor. 

Great animal facts and very entertaining! I will definitely be reading/listening to more books by this author!

**I voluntarily listened to a review copy of this audio book from Lerner Audio. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**




No comments:

Post a Comment