Friday, July 31, 2020

REVIEW: When Lunch Fights Back

When Lunch Fights Back
Author: Rebecca L. Johnson

From poison and claws to more subtle means of protection, many animals have defense mechanisms that can pack a wallop!

I listened to the audio book version of When Lunch Fights Back. It was a fun & informative listen! The book is geared toward middle grade kids, but is enjoyable for adults as well. About an hour in length, the listening time is perfect for listening during short trips (I listened on my commute to work) or as supplemental work in a classroom setting. I can see this book being entertaining for reluctant readers (listeners) or students curious about biology/science. The narrator does a great job of keeping things interesting! She reads at a nice pace, getting the facts across but letting the humor and excitement shine through her performance.

I'm definitely now hooked on these short audio books about science for kids. Always well done and perfect listening length for my daily commute to work. It's nice to start my day out with an interesting topic that isn't too heavy or negative. This is the first book I have read by Rebecca L. Johnson. She has written many science related books for kids about all sorts of subjects -- deserts, forests, the tundra, etc. I'm definitely on the lookout for more audio books of her work!

**I voluntarily listened to a review copy of this audio book from Lerner Audiobooks. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment