Wednesday, July 29, 2020

REVIEW: The Vacation

The Vacation
Author: TM Logan

After this author previously traumatized me (in the great just-read-a-suspense-thriller way) with Lies and 29 Seconds, I knew this book would be another twisted, demented joy to read. And I was right! What was supposed to be an awesome vacation in the south of France turns into something quite different. And it's all kicked off by a wife reading text messages on her husband's phone..... 

Kate discovers her husband is having an affair. With one of her friends. Who are on the trip. But which one? But as she digs to get to the truth, she discovers something far worse. 

My thoughts on this book (and every TM Logan book I've read so far)....

Dark secrets never stay hidden. And when they come out -- or even threaten to come out -- it unravels people's lives. TM Logan has the power to take normal people....and deposit them in ghastly situations where twisted, horrible decisions, lies and betrayal seem the best choice. I think what creeps me out about Logan's novels is the fact that each time I'm left thinking "This could actually happen.....'' His characters seem like normal people....people you might know....people you work with.....people in your city. And then their lives start to fall apart, and they become.....terrible. It traumatizes me because then my brain pops to....if normal people can become so awful, then ANYBODY can descend to those depths. And if anybody can descend to those depths....what might it take to make ME descend to those depths???

*Shiver*

Great book! But I need to watch Disney movies for a couple days to recover.....

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St Martins Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment