Thursday, February 11, 2021

REVIEW: The Golden Ball

 The Golden Ball
Author: Agatha Christie


After being fired by his wealthy uncle for being less than dependable, George Dundas meets a very interesting society girl who asks him to marry her, leading to a bizarre chain of events. George might have a lazy streak, but he certainly proves resourceful! 

This story was first published in the UK under the title Playing The Innocent in the Daily Mail in August 1929 and was included in the short story collection The Listerdale Mystery in 1934. It wasn't published in the US until 1971 when it was included in The Golden Ball and Other Stories. 

Cute story. Mostly fluff, but entertaining. I enjoyed reading it, but this story is not one of my favorites from this collection. I kept thinking how pissed off I would if I was George. Mary's behavior is really not funny. But, all's well that ends well....I suppose. George gets a rich girl with a bit of a mean streak....and Mary gets a brave man who is more than a bit lazy. Ugh. lol.

On to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment