Thursday, February 25, 2021

REVIEW: S.O.S.

 S.O.S.
Author: Agatha Christie


In my opinion, this is one of the weaker Christie short stories. First published in 1933 in The Hound of Death (UK), this story was not published in the US until 1948 (The Witness for the Prosecution and Other Stories). 

A man is stranded in the middle of nowhere and meets a family at a nearby secluded house. It seems fate brought him to the home by chance to stop a crime. Interesting premise, but the plot just seemed a bit too contrived. I still enjoyed it....but the plot just seemed weak. Out of the many short stories that Agatha Christie wrote, there are bound to be a few that just aren't for me....even though she is my favorite author. I didn't really care for this one. 

I found no adaptations for this story for radio or television. 

I listened to an audio version of this story (Witness for the Prosecution and Other Stories. HarperAudio). It was narrated by Christopher Lee. I love Lee's readings of Christie's supernatural/strange tales from The Hound of Death. His voice just works so well for creepy/strange tales! 

On to the next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment