Saturday, February 27, 2021

REVIEW: A Stranger in Town

 A Stranger in Town
Author: Kelley Armstrong


The Rockton series is one of my favorites! I eagerly await each new book! 

Rockton is a town hidden away in the wilds of Canada. Those who can afford to pay can go there to hide out. Victims of abuse, criminals, those who want to escape their past....the residents are a mixed lot. Residents can stay for up to five years as long as they work and follow the rules. There are dangers -- wild animals, hostiles who live in the forest, illness...and sometimes even each other. Detective Casey Duncan and her boyfriend Sheriff Eric Dalton work to keep Rockton running smoothly, while communicating to the council that runs the hidden town and approves all residents. Then something strange happens.....something that never ever happens.....a stranger appears in town. An injured hiker stumbles out of the woods, and against all rules, Casey and Eric bring her inside Rockton to treat her.  The injured stranger and the decision to bring her into town starts a series of events that bring the future of Rockton into question....

Loved this book! Covid and all the difficulties of juggling my job and home life at the moment led me to read this book late. I normally review before publication date...but life seems to enjoy getting in the way of my love for books and reviewing lately .... well, for the past year (just like everyone's lives have been derailed in one way or another). I finally got to visit Rockton! I grabbed the audio book of this newest installment in the series, and listened to A Stranger in Town while commuting to work, waiting for my son after football practice, while running errands....every spare moment I could find! Excellent story! And, excellent audio book! 

I love how this series is developing. There are changes coming....I can't wait for the next book! Kelley Armstrong never disappoints! I wish they would make this series into a Netflix show or a movie -- I would definitely watch! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy (and listened to an audio book from my awesome local library) of this book from St. Martin's Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment