Tuesday, February 23, 2021

REVIEW: Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder

 Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder
Author: Joanne Fluke


I eagerly await the new Hannah Swensen cozy mystery each year. I have been faithfully reading this series ever since the first book came out in 2000. This series wasn't the very first culinary cozy series...but close to it. The plots aren't complex....the characters talk a lot about food....and recipes take up a lot of the pages...but for me Hannah Swensen books are a tradition. I love this series, and I will keep reading each book as quickly as Joanne Fluke can churn them out until it comes to a close. I love the characters (except for one that shall remain unnamed to not give spoilers for new readers.....but any reader who has read most of the books knows who I am referring to. Ugh)

This time, Hannah's sister Andrea is incredibly upset with Lake Eden's mayor. When the man turns up dead soon after, Hannah is on the case to find out who could have been mad enough to kill. Turns out the list of suspects is rather long. The mayor was a bit of a jerk. Hannah and her crew get to work to discover the culprit. 

I enjoyed this book...just as I enjoy every Hannah book. The mystery was a bit light in this one, but still interesting. The characters spent most of their time discussing cookies and kitchen tips with a bit of time left for sleuthing. The ending seemed almost abrupt. I wish there had been just a bit more mystery and a bit more character development for the Lake Eden crew in this one....but the story was entertaining and fun to read. It was a quick read...I finished in under 2 hours, mostly because I don't fully read through all the recipes. I only read ones I might actually try out. My husband is diabetic, so I skip all the dessert recipes. :) 

An enjoyable visit to Lake Eden. Not much mystery...but enough to keep me reading. And unless Joanne Fluke surprises me with a short story or visit to Lake Eden before next Christmas, that's my Hannah fix until the holiday season 2021. The tradition will continue! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Kensington. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**



No comments:

Post a Comment