Tuesday, October 26, 2021

REVIEW: The Red Boat Fish Sauce Cookbook

 The Red Boat Fish Sauce Cookbook
Author: Cuong Pham, Tien Nguyen, Diep Tran


It isn't often that I actually sit down and read a cookbook...but I read this one! I loved the story about how Red Boat Fish Sauce got started, the intro about Vietnamese cooking and ingredients, and the family anecdotes and photos! 

My son and his wife have been living in Vietnam (she is a teacher there) for two years now and they always talk about how wonderful the food is. I have already ordered a physical copy of this book (comes out in October -- can't wait!) not only because it will allow me to try Vietnamese foods, but also because the instructions are clearly explained and the ingredients lists are easy to follow. I did not find a single ingredient that I couldn't find at a local store or Asian grocery. Yay! 

The recipes are gathered into chapters covering everything from breakfast dishes and party foods to stocks and desserts/drinks. The recipes are printed in an easily read font with lovely color photographs. The cooking instructions are simple, but clear. I have never cooked any Vietnamese dishes before...but I'm confident that this cookbook will help me do that with little problem. 

Lovely cookbook with varied recipes! I've already made a couple of dishes -- so good! Can't wait to get my physical copy! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this cookbook from Mariner Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**


No comments:

Post a Comment