Friday, October 8, 2021

REVIEW: The Woman at the Front

 The Woman at the Front
Author: Lecia Cornwall


In 1917, Eleanor Atherton is proud of graduating from medical school despite every obstacle (including her own family) that got in her way. Now she wants to go help the war effort. World War I is raging, and Eleanor wants to use her medical skills to help wounded soldiers, but women aren't allowed to be doctors at the front. A position as a private doctor to a wounded man gives Eleanor her chance. She's soon at the front in France, and learns what a horror war can be....

This is such a compelling story. Eleanor is a strong, courageous main character. I can only imagine how horrible it was to be at the front during WW I. This story brought some of the danger, violence and courage to life so that I could understand better what it would have been like to be there. 

I got sucked into this story immediately and enjoyed it! I thought at times that the horrible behavior of her family was a bit melodramatic, but I think that might be due to the fact it made me mad! And at times the plot was a bit more romantic than I would have liked. But all in all....I enjoyed the story. 

This is the first book by Lecia Cornwall that I've read. Her other books are mostly romance novels so I won't be reading those, but if she pens another story like this, I will definitely read it! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment