Monday, October 18, 2021

REVIEW: Beyond the Veil

 Beyond the Veil
Author: Various, edited by Mark Morris


Beyond the Veil gathers 20 horror short stories. I had the best time reading this varied collection of creepiness! I love short story anthologies, especially scary ones. So, I took my time....savoring each story and just enjoying the horror. 

Most of these writers are unfamiliar to me, which put a bit more fun in the mix. I love trying out new-to-me authors and adding their books/stories to my TBR. New styles. New ideas. Different shades of horror. Loved it! 

My favorite story? So hard to choose one -- I enjoyed reading every single one. But if I have to pick one....I'd choose:  Arnie's Ashes by John Everson. I've read several of Everson's books....and this short story was short and creepy. Loved it! But, like I said, all of the stories in this book are good! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this story anthology from Flame Tree Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment