Monday, October 18, 2021

REVIEW: Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction
Author: Brent Spiner


Ever been in the mood to read something different....something a bit off the usual beaten genre path? When I read the blurb for this book by Brent Spiner I was in that mood. I needed a bit of a genre palate cleanser....something odd....something wacky.....

And Spiner delivered just what I needed!

I read the first portion of this book in digital ARC format, then switched to the audio book. The story was fun to read ..... but even more fun having Brent Spiner read this tale of fame gone wrong. Had I not realized this tale was fictionalized to make it more entertaining, I would have been alarmed at the story. A stalker. Weird notes. Gross things in boxes. Fear. Body guards. STNG fans don't like to think about one of their fav actors being stalked by a wackadoo. But.....this book isn't alarming.....it's entertaining, witty and funny. And exactly what I expected from Mr. Spiner. I kept seeing the joyful look on his face in that episode of Big Bang Theory when he pulls open Sheldon Cooper's mint-in-package Wesley Crusher action figure saying "Remember how we used to make these things look like they were masturbating?''  LMAO.  I laughed my way through this entire book. 

I highly recommend this book / audio book for any Star Trek fan who doesn't take things too seriously. There's some great moments for Trek fans, but more of Brent Spiner just having fun telling a story. Just go with it.....

It's an easy reading or listening length. The audio is just short of 7 hours long and mostly narrated by Spiner, with drop-ins from fellow Star Trek actors and other familiar folks. 

Fun, entertaining....and very very different. Loved it! It was nice to see Data finally get that android cob out of his butt... ha ha

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book (and listened to the audiobook). All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment