Saturday, October 2, 2021

REVIEW: True Raiders

 True Raiders: The Untold Story of the 1909 Expedition
to Find the Lost Ark of the Covenant
Author: Brad Ricca


I love it when my favorite movies have a bit of truth in them! I'm a huge Raiders of the Lost Ark fan, so I grabbed up a review copy of this book the moment I knew it was coming out! And the true tale is even more adventurous and mystical than the Hollywood version!

1909. Monty Parker, a larger than life adventurous Brit, is dared to go on an expedition to find the Ark of the Covenant. Beautiful women. A mysterious scholar. Adventurous men. Even Psychics. And a secret archeological dig near Jerusalem. It is the stuff of Legend....and the telling of this story sucked me right in and kept my attention from start to finish! The history junkie in me was in complete heaven -- and no, I didn't see the Ark there. 

This book is phenomenal! Anyone who loves tales of archeological digs in the early 1900s and strange history will LOVE this book! Sometimes it completely factual that truth can be stranger than fiction! 

Love, love, love, LOVEEEEEEE this book! 

I read a portion of this book in ebook format, then switched to the audio book. The audio is just short of 10.5 hours long. Narrated by Stephanie Willis, the audio is an excellent listening experience. 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book (and purchased the audio format) from St Martins Press. All opinions expressed (and exclamation points, Capital letters, etc) are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment