Wednesday, October 6, 2021

REVIEW: Deadly Summer Nights

 Deadly Summer Nights
Author: Vicki Delany


Great start to a new cozy series by Vicki Delany! 

The Basics:  It's 1953. Elizabeth Grady's mom inherited a resort in the Catskills two years before and Elizabeth is doing her best to run the place. It's not always easy -- especially when a guest is found dead and a copy of  The Communist Manifesto is found in his cabin. Was a Russian spy lurking in the Catskills....is a nearby competing resort owner trying to close them down....or is another guest a murderer?

I enjoyed this story, although the constant 50's slang got a bit annoying at times. It just seemed a bit over-done. I loved the characters and it did invoke memories of some fun vacations when I was a kid. That was in the 80s and in the Ozarks....but the woodsy resort feel was at least similar in my mind. :) I was definitely reminded of the feel of the Trixie Belden books with a bit more adult vibe thrown in. 

Very enjoyable story! I'm definitely sticking around to read more of this series! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment