Saturday, October 2, 2021

REVIEW: Whisper Cottage

 Whisper Cottage
Author: Anne Wyn Clark


Stina and Jack purchase a rural cottage. Their neighbor, elderly woman named Mrs Barley, seems nice enough...but why do the villagers whisper terrible things about her? 

Lots of whispers, rumors, gossip, secrets in this awesome suspense novel. The story sucked me in immediately. I read the first part of this book in digital arc format....then started the story over when I got a copy of the audio book. I couldn't stop listening to this story -- I had to know what was going on in the cottage and in the nearby village! I grew up in a little town....and whispers, secrets, rumors...it really brought me back to weird, secretive (or just downright mean) stuff that went on in my little hometown. 

I didn't expect the last third of the book....but the story worked. It's enjoyable when a story goes in an unexpected direction, especially when it's better than what I thought was going to happen! 

The audio is about 9.5 hours long and narrated by Lauren Moakes. Moakes does a great job of voice acting. She reads at a nice pace and brings the characters to life. Very enjoyable listening experience! 

I enjoyed this book. Curious what this author will come up with for her next book! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy (and listened to the audio book after release day) of this book from Avon Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment