Friday, July 22, 2022

REVIEW: A Rip Through Time

 A Rip Through Time
Author: Kelley Armstrong


I love Kelley Armstrong's Rockton series. I'm not sure why I never jumped into reading other things by her, but when I saw this blurb for her new series I had to read it. I'm a sucker for time travel stories, so it was an easy choice.

Glad I did -- this story is entertaining, different and just awesome to read!

I started out reading a digital arc of this book....then started the story over when I had a chance to listen to the audio book. The audio book is just shy of 14 hours long and is narrated by Kate Handford. This is the first audio book I've listened to with this narrator. She narrates a lot of mystery/thriller type books. I can see why! She is a talented narrator/voice actor. She reads at a nice pace and brings the story to life.

The story -- love it! The basics: Mallory Atkinson is a homicide detective. She travels to Scotland to care for her ailing grandmother. While out for a run Mallory gets into trouble and is attacked. She passes out and wakes up in that same alley,  but 150 years in the past. She's now in the body of a 19-year old chambermaid who works for a local undertaker.

As this is a mystery story and spoilers ruin the plot for readers -- I'm not going to give any other details. I will just say I loved this book! And I will definitely be reading/listening to more! The cover art is gorgeous! Definitely caught my eye when I was trolling for review books. Pulled me right in and enticed me to read this book!  Now that I've started reading other books by this author, I'm going to check out some of her other books. It will help me fill the time before there's another Rockton story to read!

**I voluntarily read a ebook arc from St Martins Press and a audio book from Macmillan Audio. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. My apologies to my readers and the publishers for this late review. I just moved 1500 miles from NC to CO.....and it put me very much behind on reading/writing/reviewing. Things are normalizing now and I'm catching up. Thank you for your understanding. All future reviews will be timely.**


No comments:

Post a Comment