Monday, July 25, 2022

REVIEW: Screams from the Dark

 Screams from the Dark
Authors: Various


Think back. When you were a young child who still had a bedtime, parents or guardians who watched over you, and a safe place to sleep....what scared you? What monsters did you imagine crawling out of your closet in the dark? What did you imagine running up behind you when you walked home from a friend's house at night? What creepy things were in  your dreams? If all those creepy things were gathered up into one story anthology, it would be very much like this one!!

Do you dare read these tales?? Or do the monsters that haunted your dreams as a child still scare you now? Are you brave enough?

This horror anthology gathers 29 stories from different authors. There is something to terrify just about anyone. Vampires, werewolves, the devil, ghosts.....even scary people. A little something monstrous for everyone!

As with any anthology with widely varied stories, I liked some stories better than others. Some I loved. And some I didn't finish. It goes with the territory. I love collections like this because I become aware of so many horror writers I haven't read yet. And each story is so different! I love to read one story each night and then think deep thoughts as I fall asleep about whether I found it scary or not and if I like the writing style. I enjoyed this collection! Love monster stories -- and these stories definitely delivered monsters!

**I voluntarily read an ebook ARC of this anthology from Macmillan/Tor-Forge. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment