Saturday, October 15, 2022

MOVIE REVIEW: Ghost Stories (2017)

 Ghost Stories (2017): BluRay
Director: Jeremy Dyson, Andy Nyman


We moved to CO at the very end of June, and I just got my TV/Blu-Ray player set up this week. I just couldn't find any motivation until a few days ago to fuss with all the wires and assembling the stand I bought for it. Done now though. So, I celebrated by checking out a couple movies from the local library. Saw a BluRay for an interesting looking horror movie with Martin Freeman in the cast. I really like Freeman -- so gave it a try!

The move is based on a stage play written by the directors. I wish I could see the play. I enjoyed it as a movie, but a stage play has a completely different vibe than a film. The movie's ending is superb -- I'd love to see how they staged it!

The basics: Professor Philip Goodman has spent his entire career debunking fake psychics and supernatural hocus pocus. He doesn't believe any of it is real. Then, he is sent to investigate 3 supernatural occurrences that supposedly can't be explained. Will the skeptical Prof Goodman be a believer by the end??

Definitely worth a watch! Some great horror effects and the stories were creepy with an interesting vibe. The stories also added to a central plot instead of just being stand alone, unrelated horror stories like some other similar movies have done. Very enjoyable! Andy Nyman (plays Goodman) is a very skilled actor (and director for this particular film). Martin Freeman was awesome too, as usual.

Enjoyed it!






No comments:

Post a Comment