Saturday, October 8, 2022

REVIEW: The Cluttered Corpse

 The Cluttered Corpse
Author: Mary Jane Maffini


The Cluttered Corpse is the second book in the Charlotte Adams cozy mystery series. Charlotte is a professional organizer. Unfortunately, sometimes while clearing up other people's clutter she just happens to get pulled into a messy murder investigation.

The basics: Charlotte has a new client. Emmy Lou is an attractive woman with a nice life....but she has a serious problem with clutter. Fuzzy, cute clutter. Stuffed animals. Everywhere. Thousands of them. Who best to de-stuffie Emmy's house? Charlotte of course! The job gets a lot more complicated though when Charlotte finds a dead body at the bottom of Emmy's stairs.....and Emmy confesses to murder. In public. In front of multiple police. At the top of her lungs.

This story reminds me of episodes of hoarding television shows -- I could picture mounds and mounds of stuffed animals filling up this woman's house. A few stuffed animals are cute -- I have a few myself. But thousands of them? That would be creepy. When it gets to be an obsession on a grand scale like that, the darn things just wouldn't be cute anymore. Perfect setting for a murder!

I enjoy this series. I like the characters, the concept and the plots are entertaining. In Cluttered Corpse, the plot moves at a nice speed, there are plenty of twists and surprises, and lots of investigation. My favorite characters? The two wienie dogs, of course! Followed closely by Jack. All tried and true friends!

I will definitely be reading the rest of this series! I enjoy this author's writing style and I have thoroughly enjoyed the first two books!

On to the next -- Death Loves a Messy Desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment