Saturday, October 1, 2022

REVIEW: The Ghost and the Stolen Tears

 The Ghost and the Stolen Tears
Author: Cleo Coyle


I have been reading this series faithfully since the first book came out. Even when there was a 10 year break between books.The stories are always entertaining and fun to read! This series is definitely in my top 5 favorites!

The Ghost and the Stolen Tears is the 8th book in the Haunted Bookshop Mystery series. This time Penelope and her ghostly PI, Jack, are doing some sleuthing to exonerate an innocent woman. It's not easy to prove someone innocent when they act guilty!

This newest story definitely kept my attention from start to finish. Plenty of sleuthing and suspects. The plot moves along at a nice pace with a few twists and surprises along the way. I love the basic premise of this series -- a long-dead PI assisting a bookshop owner to solve mysteries. Jack is such an entertaining character and I love the mix of old-time detective cliches and slang into the story.

The cover art for this series is always awesome. I usually buy the paperbacks each time a new book comes out and I also listen to the audio book through my local library. The audio books are always top notch and fun to listen to!

Another entertaining book in this series! And I see the next book -- The Ghost Goes to the Dogs -- is coming out in May 2023. Woot!! Already added to my TBR list!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley Publishing, but also have my own copy on pre-order! Will be re-reading this as soon as my physical book arrives! All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment