Wednesday, October 5, 2022

REVIEW: A Christmas Candy Killing

 A Christmas Candy Killing
Author: Christina Romeril


I enjoy reading cozy mysteries, especially those with a holiday theme. It's even better when the book is the first in a new series and from a new-to-me author! When I saw this book available for review, I jumped right on it. Had to read it!

Felt a little weird reading a Christmas theme cozy in August.....but just thinking about Christmas and snow and the holidays somehow made the afternoons feel a little less blazing hot. I even made a cup of cocoa at one point because the book kept mentioning chocolate. Had to have some!

The basics: Murder and Mayhem is a mystery bookshop owned by twins, Alex and Hannah. Just before Christmas, murder becomes something real and not just something in the books they sell. One of their neighbors is killed and one of the twins is a suspect!

This is a fun, entertaining read! I like the characters, the basic premise, the idea of a mystery bookshop, the plot -- I just had a fun time reading this story in general! The mystery progresses at a nice pace. There is a good amount of amateur sleuthing and surprises along the way. Great start to a cozy series!

I will definitely be reading more of this series!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment