Friday, October 7, 2022

REVIEW: Fishing for Trouble

 Fishing for Trouble
Author: Elizabeth Logan


Loved returning to Elkview, Alaska for this second book in the Alaskan Diner Mystery series! This time around, everything is in uproar when a customer dies minutes after walking into the Bear Claw Diner. Charlie Cooke and her friends are soon on the case to figure out what killed the young man who had come to Elkview for summer work at a local fish processing plant.

Fishing for Trouble is just as entertaining as the first book. I like the background plot of a diner in a small Alaskan town. I like the characters (Benny the cat is my favorite, of course!) and the plot. There is more than enough amateur sleuthing, twists and surprises! Very entertaining read.

As I read, I kept thinking about what it must be like to be a summer worker in Alaska. I understand that there is a lot of money to be made in the fishing industry, but also know it's hard work, often dangerous, and messy. I'm sure there are a lot of college students who fund their tuition with work like this or just people looking for a bit of adventure or a temporary high paying job -- and I have huge respect for every one. I can see why the author crafted a cozy murder mystery around the summer influx of workers into fish processing plants -- perfect setting for a fictional murder mystery.

I love the cover art for this series! The cover for this second book shows Benny being his best cat self as usual with a huge moose buddy in the background. Made me smile when I picked the book up at the library. Cozy covers are always so colorful and fun! |

I have the 3rd book in this series on my TBR list at the library -- I can't wait to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment