Wednesday, February 15, 2017

REVIEW: 206 Bones

206 Bones
Author: Kathy Reichs

I have been a fan of Temperance Brennan for many years....the book version mostly. The TV version is ok, but really only shares a name and similar career with the character in the books.

 In 206 Bones, Tempe is investigating the deaths of several elderly women in the Montreal area. The case starts to get more complicated, then someone starts to sabotage her cases and starts rumors that she mishandled an autopsy. Then the threat becomes more personal....Tempe wakes up disoriented, tied hands to feet, in complete darkness. Where is she? How did she get there? Can she escape?

I listened to the audiobook version of this book. The narrator, Lorelai King, did a great job of reading. At first I had a hard time with the accents she used for some of the male characters, but only because it sounded different than I imagined the characters would sound. I am still pretty new to audio books. I avoided them up til now because I would always lose focus and constantly have to back-up and listen to sections again. Some books at my local library are only available in digital audio format....so I'm trying to change my opinion. I listen for 20 minutes or so at a time, and only when I can focus on the story. I have discovered that audiobooks are great while I'm stuck waiting in car line at the grade school, while doing dishes and in the evening right before bed when I have a few minutes to myself. I still have to back track once in awhile when I space out and miss things....but not as much as I used to.

The story was typical Temperance Brennan. The plot is exciting, flashing back and forth from the investigation Tempe was working on to her ordeal stuck in the dark, tied up and not remembering what happened. The end was unexpected and caught me by surprise. Definitely a great crime thriller!

For more information on Kathy Reichs and her books, check out her website: www.kathyreichs.com




No comments:

Post a Comment