Monday, March 30, 2020

REVIEW: Bats at the Beach

Bats at the Beach
Author and Illustrator: Brian Lies

As I write this review, the world is in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic. I work in health & human services so I'm still reporting to work, but my husband and son are home "sheltering in place'' as directed. It's stressful. It's weird. It's scary.

These are the times when children's books are magical escapes. I love the innocent, cute stories...the artwork....the loveliness of a story written for children. Even at 51 years old, I can still absolutely adore a happy, simple story! :)

I checked out both the print and audio book for this title from my local library (kudos to libraries who have increased their digital catalogs, online services and checkout limits to help everyone through this tough time). I just felt the need to have a book read to me! :) And -- I LOVED IT!!! It was like library story hour for grandma tonight. :) A cup of coffee and a good story -- just what I needed!

This story is so cute! Night falls....and bats all make their way to the beach to have fun in the moonlight! The artwork is wonderful! This would be a fun story to read in a classroom setting or at home. The art and rhyming text will definitely keep kids' attention!

The audio book version of this story is about 6.5 minutes long. Narrated by Chris Sorensen, the audio would be a great way for kids to have the book read to them, or combined with the physical book so early readers can follow along. Sorensen reads with great energy. Definitely an entertaining listening experience!






No comments:

Post a Comment