Saturday, March 14, 2020

REVIEW: The Little Mermaid (Illustrated)

The Little Mermaid
Author: Hans Christian Anderson
Illustrator: Helen Crawford-White
Translator: Misha Hoekstra


This is a beautiful new edition of a well-known story by Hans Christian Anderson! The illustrations are beautiful. The cover art is gorgeous. And the story is the one I remember from childhood. Just a wonderful reading experience. I'm going to buy a copy for my granddaughter. :)

This book includes the story of The Little Mermaid and also The True-Hearted Tin Soldier. There are lovely illustrations throughout. This book is gorgeous and definitely giftable quality.

These stories would be great bedtime reading for kids, or a shelf staple for book/fairy tale lovers.

I will definitely be looking for more books illustrated by Helen Crawford-White. The art is just beautiful! Great reading and visual experience!

I have a pretty stressful job. I read a lot of children's books as a brain palate cleanser. It really does bring thoughts and feelings down to a calmer spot just to relax with a cup of tea and a sweet, innocent story. This book gave me a wonderful evening of relaxation after a busy, stressful day. :)

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Pushkin Children's Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**



No comments:

Post a Comment