Saturday, March 28, 2020

REVIEW: Booking the Crook

Booking the Crook
Author: Laurie Cass

Mrrrr.

That's Eddie-speak for...I love this series!

Librarian Minnie Hamilton, her rescue cat Eddie, and a whole cast of characters in Chilson, MI are on the case once again in Booking the Crook, the 7th book in the Bookmobile Cat Mystery series. Minnie has a lot on her plate....wedding plans for two people she loves, another new library director, winter driving for the bookmobile....and, of course, murder.

I have been a devout reader of this series ever since I fell in love with Eddie in book 1. This is the first time I've listened to an audio book version....and hearing Eddie make his Mrrr commentary and demands just made the story even better! Narrated by Erin Bennett, the audio is just over 9 hours long. I listened to the story during my commutes to work....while working in the garden....and while cooking/baking, folding laundry, etc. It was a perfect story to enjoy while getting things done! Kept a smile on my face....and kept the adulting all done on time! Perfect!

I love the characters in this series....the setting....the mix of humor with the mystery. It's just a fun series to read. It's not absolutely vital to read the books in order....there aren't really any major spoilers for prior stories. But, to get the full character building and backgrounds, it's probably best to start with book 1 and go in order.

Another lovely visit to Chilson! I have a review copy of the new book, Gone With the Whisker, all ready to read! I can't wait to find out what Eddie's up to this time! Gone With the Whisker comes out March 31, 2020!


No comments:

Post a Comment