Tuesday, March 31, 2020

REVIEW: Bats at the Library

Bats at the Library
Author and Illustrator: Brian Lies

I loved the first book in this series -- Bats at the Beach -- so much that I just had to read the next book! The bats are excited -- a window got left open and they all get to spend a night at the library! And they have a great time reading and playing until daylight comes and they have to return to their cave.

I checked out both the print and audio version of this cute children's book from my local library's digital site. I just felt like having a cute story read to me! :) And this series is so cute! Brian Lies' artwork is wonderful as well!

This book would be great to read in a classroom setting, or at home. The pictures are colorful and the rhyming text is entertaining. The story would definitely keep kids' attention! The audio book is just over six minutes long. Chris Sorensen does an excellent job as narrator. He has a pleasant, easily understandable voice and reads with an upbeat tone. Definitely a fun listening experience!

My favorite illustration is one where the bats are hanging on a lamp talking about books. Just too cute!





No comments:

Post a Comment