Wednesday, March 25, 2020

REVIEW: Junkyard Dogs

Junkyard Dogs
Author: Craig Johnson

I love the Walt Longmire series! And I enjoyed the recent television series as well. Usually, I find myself a one-or-the-other type person when it comes to books or film/television adaptations. But, with Longmire I was able to separate both versions and enjoy both as related, but independent from each other. I think it is the characters -- even with the changes made for television -- that made that possible for me. Johnson wrote some wonderful characters for this series. Coupled with awesome casting for the show, it brought the concept alive on the small screen without destroying it (although they did make some pretty sweeping changes).

Junkyard Dogs is the 6th book in the Longmire series. It's property developer vs junk man in Absaroka County. What starts with a severed thumb in a cooler ends up with murder and dark secrets. I love how Craig Johnson mixes humor and western justice in this series. I'm never disappointed!

I listened to the audio book version of this story on my commutes to and from work. Perfect! As usual George Guidall gave a great performance as narrator. His voice is wonderful and he has excellent acting skills. Awesome listening experience! The audio is just over 7.5 hours long, so it is a manageable listening length. I have hearing loss, but was easily able to hear and understand the entire book. Good production value, Guidall reads at a steady pace and has an easily understandable voice, and there is no background hiss or other problems to cause hearing issues for those with hearing loss.  I throw that in as sometimes it's a problem for me with some audio books....so I figure others with hearing loss must have the same issue at times.

On to the next book, Hell is Empty!

No comments:

Post a Comment