Thursday, April 13, 2023

REVIEW: Even More Scary Stories for Sleep-overs

 Even More Scary Stories for Sleep-overs
Author: Q.L. Pearce


I am officially hooked on this series. I've been on a lightly spooky story kick for a couple of weeks, and I'm totally having fun reading these story collections for kids. Nice to read just for pure entertainment! 

This collection (there are several Scary Stories for Sleep-overs books) gathers 11 more creepy tales for kids. I used to love reading stories like this with my friends in the summertime. We would sit outside in
the yard with a flashlight and have a great time. Loved reading similar stories to my own kids as well! Great for spooky season, summer break or anytime! And....the tales are fun for adults, too. I enjoyed every single one! Some are a bit cheesy, but isn't that part of the fun? 

My favorite story from this book is a fun variation on the summer camp tale: Camp Colby. Campers are warned not to go in the abandoned mine near camp because it's dangerous. So what do they do?  They go in the mine, of course. 

The artwork by Dwight Been is wonderful and adds to the creepiness of the stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment