Saturday, April 8, 2023

REVIEW: Not of This World

 Not of This World
Author: Simon R. Green


I look forward to each new Gideon Sable book, and this 4th installment in the series is my favorite so far! This series is strange. The characters are quirky. And, the journey is always spectacularly wonderful! I love the fact that these books are shorter reads. I can get through a Gideon Sable book in an afternoon. Lots of action and weirdness packed into 200 pages! 

The basics: Gideon and his troop of supernatural misfits are hired to break into one of the most secure places in the world - The Preserve. They are tasked with breaking into the supernatural warehouse....getting past all the guards and booby traps inside....then finding and securing the target - a ghost. The reward for success is awesome, but failure....   yeah, best not think about that.  

Simon R. Green is one of my favorite authors. I love his flavor of urban fantasy. You never know what is going to happen! Always something new and incredibly odd! 

Great story! I can't wait to find out what this odd misfit crew gets up to next! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Severn House. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**


No comments:

Post a Comment