Wednesday, April 12, 2023

REVIEW: The Secrets She Keeps

 The Secrets She Keeps
Author: Michael Robotham


This book is so suspenseful...and twisted....at times I had to rewind a bit of my audio book to be sure I was hearing what I thought I heard! Michael Robotham is definitely a skilled writer. He snuck in shocking revelations so sneakily that I was surprised so many times. I would be listening....hear some shocking thing added into the mix....and be like wait......what??? Awesome!!!

Just a caution -- there are a lot of intense themes in this book -- child abuse, infant death, rape, mental illness, etc. If any of those subjects is a trigger for you, I'd avoid this book.

What a twisted mess of humanity......I couldn't stop listening!

There is a television show based on this book. I haven't watched it yet. But I did read that while it is faithful to the book in many ways, there are some significant changes in the characters and plot. Seems to have really good ratings though. I think I need to recover from the drama of the book a bit before I can watch the show. It's pretty heavy stuff....

Kudos to my lovely local library for having this audio book on tap for me to check out on the fly. I found a local book club to join, and had a week to get this story read before my first meeting. It was great! We had a lively discussion!

No comments:

Post a Comment