Sunday, April 2, 2023

REVIEW: Even More Tales for the Midnight Hour

 Even More Tales for the Midnight Hour
Author: Judith Bauer Stamper

I really love reading horror story collections written for kids. Sometimes a light horror or ghost story is just what I need. Plus, the books bring back memories and nostalgia for the little paperbacks ordered through school book order forms back in the day. I still enjoy reading stories like this just as much as I did as a kid.

I found the stories in this collection to be very clever. A couple of them were variations on old favorites, but most were new to me. These tales made me remember summer nights as a kid spent telling ghostly and scary stories to friends. This book would have been perfect for us!

It's hard to pick a favorite from these 13 spooky stories. I think it's a close tie between When Darkness Comes and an old favorite of mine, King of the Cats. But, all of the stories in the collection are good.

Fun read! Now I want to read the other three books in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment