Tuesday, April 25, 2023

REVIEW: The Ghost Goes to the Dogs

 The Ghost Goes to the Dogs
Author: Cleo Coyle




Ok...I'm just going to come right out and say it. At the start. And get it over with.

This series is my favorite cozy mystery series. I once waited 10 years for a new Jack & Penelope sleuthing adventure and was totally excited when the series picked back up. This is one series I will always pre-order and expect my new book delivered on release day. Period. End of story. So yep....this is an honest review, but I'm gonna tell you I will 5 star this series on each and every book. Always. 

I did a quick exploratory read of this newest book thanks to my handy-dandy digital review copy. But I'm waiting for my crisp, colorful, full of new book smell, paperback to arrive on May 2nd to give it a complete read-through. I already have that Tuesday night blocked off for a binge reading session.

The basics: It's Pet Mystery Week at the bookshop and business is good. Then a stray dog in a panicked state shows up and leads Penelope and her son to a body. Who killed the leader of the store's pet lovers book club? And can they catch the killer before someone else dies? 

Not giving any spoilers because I avoided reading the ending....waiting for my book. Loved the parts I did read! I enjoy the setting of this series, the characters and the fun, entertaining energy of the plots in each story.

The cover art for this newest book is so colorful and cute. Love it! 

I'm definitely already in line for the next book. Can't wait to see what Penelope and Jack get up to next. 

**I voluntarily read a digital review copy of this book from Berkley Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment