Sunday, November 19, 2023

REVIEW: The Jinn-Bot of Shantiport

 The Jinn-Bot of Shantiport
Author: Samit Basu


I am a huge fan of high-tech Sci-Fi/Fantasy stories. The more bots and tech the better! Once I read the plot blurb for this book, I knew I had to read it! 

Shantiport was once a great gateway to the universe, but now it's pretty much just a shadow of its former self. Rumors are that Shantiport will soon be no more. Lina loves her city, is a tour guide, and would love to see with city shine again. Her brother, a bot that looks like a monkey, wants to get the H out of the city and see the rest of the universe. Their whole life changes when they find an old bot, a magic ring, and a lamp.....

This story is a futuristic re-telling of the Aladdin story. It was a great mix of humor, sci-fi, political corruption and greed, and adventure! The plot has many twists and turns, and it took me along for the ride from start to finish!

Very enjoyable read! I love it when a book surprises me, and this one definitely did! I didn't realize until I got about 1/3 through the book that it was an Aladdin re-telling. Then it just completely sucked me in and I couldn't stop reading! 

Imaginative. Adventurous. Exciting. This story is wonderful! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Tor Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment