Sunday, November 19, 2023

REVIEW: A Deadly Education

 A Deadly Education
Author: Naomi Novik


I really did not know what to expect from this book. I went in with bare minimum knowledge of the plot. 

All I can say is ..... wow! I really enjoyed this book! Sometimes YA Fantasy is really hit or miss for me. It's a genre not really written for adults...so at times it's a bit too juvenile or I just feel the story line doesn't hit the mark for me. But when I find a YA book or series that really does hit the mark with me despite my being 55 -- I really get excited! The story lines can be so adventurous, interesting, and new. And, this book, I am thankful to say hit all the marks for me. 

It's sort of like Hogwarts meets Hunger Games? But not exactly....it's too hard to explain. Read the book! I don't want to give any of the plot away, as I enjoyed this more coming in without any spoilers. The premise makes total sense really. Magic would be inherently dangerous. And a school of magic with no instructors, just the goal to survive, plus real monsters lurking around....yikes! Gives surviving school a whole new meaning! 

 I love it when a book whisks me away into a world where I can imagine actually being there....and whether I could survive the situation. This story is awesome!

If you like magical fantasy -- read this book!! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Random House Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment