Sunday, November 19, 2023

REVIEW: On This Day in History S*it Went Down

 On This Day in History S*it Went Down
Author: James Fell


I think we all had at least one history teacher who made the class boring. Uninspired lectures. Tired old information. No spark. Nap time. I know I did. 

But then I had several wonderful instructors that brought history alive. Told the tales with some animation. Real discussion. And engaged the entire class in the learning experience. Those are the teachers and classes that made me have a life-long love of learning about the past. 

When I was offered a review copy of this book by James Fell, I completely loved the concept. A truthful, irreverent look at the past from ancient to modern, with F-bombs and every other word thrown in for emphasis. What's not to love? 

 There is a history tale for every day of the year crammed into this awesome book. A daily snippet of profanity laced history lesson that we all can learn from. Lovely concept!

I got about halfway through this book, and ordered my own copy. 

This definitely ain't your Mama's history book. Love it! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Random House. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment