Sunday, November 19, 2023

The Fatal Folio

 The Fatal Folio
Author: Elizabeth Penney


The Fatal Folio is the 3rd book in the Cambridge Bookshop series by Elizabeth Penney. I like the characters, the setting and plots in this series, so was happy to read the latest installment! 

This time, Molly Kimball is busily cataloging her boyfriend's family library. The collection is massive and impressive. While working amid the stacks, she finds an original copy of a mysterious gothic novel titled, A Fatal Folio. Little does she realize that this mysterious story will lead to murder during Guy Fawkes Night festivities. 

The plot definitely kept my interest from start to finish. There were plenty of twists and turns, suspects, and sleuthing. Very enjoyable read! I really like this series and can't wait for the next book! I loved how the text of the gothic novel was intertwined into the story. 

This was a fun fall read! This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite cozy mystery series!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St Martin's Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment