Friday, April 2, 2021

REVIEW: Checking out Crime

 Checking Out Crime
Author: Laurie Cass


I have loved this series since book one! Checking Out Crime is the 9th book in the Bookmobile Cat cozy series. This time around Librarian Minnie Hamilton, and her kitty sidekick Eddie, witness the aftermath of what appears to be a hit-and-run. A bicyclist is dead, and Minnie is on the case to find the killer. Turns out, things are much more complicated than a cyclist ran down with a car....and the killer isn't going to stop at just one dead body!   

I love the characters in this series, especially Eddie. :) The plots are always entertaining, and I enjoy how the characters develop more in each book. The mystery in this newest book is engaging....plenty of sleuthing, the murder happens early getting the investigation rolling from the start, and just enough small town intrigue rounds out the story. 

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit with Minne and Eddie! Can't wait for the next book in this series!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment