Tuesday, April 27, 2021

REVIEW: The Music of Bees

 The Music of Bees
Author: Eileen Garvin


Three people struggling with inner anxiety and grief. They come together by chance at an Oregon bee farm, finding healing and friendship. 

I usually avoid this sort of emotional novel because sometimes (especially after a year of high stress with everything going on in the world) it just gets to be too much on top of real life. But, when I saw this was a debut novel set at a bee farm, I decided to give it a try. 

I'm glad I did! I enjoyed this story. There were portions that bogged me down a bit (the back stories of the three main characters aren't easy to read -- very heavy and emotional stuff -- and their journey is not easy)...but overall, this was a heartwarming story of getting past the past and moving forward, finding friendships, and looking forward to a second chance at life. 

Lovely story -- and amazing debut novel! I can't wait to see what Eileen Garvin writes next!

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Penguin Group Dutton. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment