Monday, April 19, 2021

REVIEW - Undead Ultra: Dorm Life

 Undead Ultra: Dorm Life
Author: Camille Picott


I first read this book two years ago...and I've been hooked on this series ever since! I decided to re-visit the series from the beginning by listening to the audio books. Loving it! 

The basics: After running more than 200 miles to find her son at his college during the zombie apocalypse, ultrarunner Kate finds herself holed up in a college dorm with her son and other surviving students. Kate is determined to keep the kids alive. They have to learn to survive in a world that has gone to shit. No more days wasted playing xbox. No more living like a couch potato. No more counting on fast food or the cafeteria for meals. Physical training. Survival skills. Kate is ready to teach these kids how to survive. But....it turns out the zombies aren't the only danger out there. Other survivors can be even more deadly than the undead. 

Dorm Life is the second book in the Undead Ultra series. I'm always game for a great zombie story...and I love how creative this series is. I have read zombie stories involving college students before...and just about every other scenario. But this is the first time I have read a series about ultrarunners surviving the apocalypse! There's a lot more than blisters, refueling and muscle fatigue when the undead are out to kill you! 

I listened to the audio book version of this story. The narrator, Gwendolyn Druyor, is wonderful! She brings the characters and action to life! Very entertaining listening experience! 

Full stars from me! I love this series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment