Thursday, April 29, 2021

REVIEW: Wartime with the Cornish Girls

 Wartime With the Cornish Girls
Author: Betty Walker



1941. Many are fleeing London to escape the Blitz. Three women meet in Cornwall. Each has their own story --  a sister killed in the Blitz, one recovering from bombing injuries, another just trying to survive. They become friends, and end up working at a top secret military installation to help the war effort.

What a lovely story about friendship, bravery, and the strength of women in hard times! I loved all the main characters. They come from very different lives, but become the best of friends....in the worst of times. I liked the fact that this story wasn't just about the war and the secret installation, but also about these three women and their lives. 

Great story! This is the first book I've read by this author. She writes under two other pen names...I'm going to check out her other books (she writes thrillers, romance and YA fantasy)! I like her style! Wartime With the Cornish Girls would make an excellent movie or television series. The vibe reminded me a lot of the friendships in The Land Girls or Bomb Girls.

This is a book that definitely warrants a second read. As soon as it comes out, I'm snagging the audio book! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Avon Books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment