Sunday, September 26, 2021

REVIEW: Be My Ghost

 Be My Ghost
Author: Carol J. Perry


I enjoy Carol Perry's Witch City Mystery books. So, when I saw book 1 of her new Haunted Haven series I jumped right on it. A must-read! 

The Basics: When Maureen loses her job as in fashion marketing, she needs a new direction for her life. An unexpected inheritance gives her just what she needs....a new start in Florida for her and her Golden Retriever, Finn. As soon as she walks into her new inn, the adventure starts. The inn needs updating, the manager is snarky....plus her office is haunted. And....a guest drops dead. All on the first day.....     New beginnings mean new challenges, right? 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! The story kept my attention from start to finish, even though I pretty much figured out the mystery very early on. And, I got some unexpected laughter out of the audio book.  Every time the narrator put in a "Woof!'' (Finn making commentary to his owner in the story), my Pom Chi would woof back. :) 

I started reading a review copy of the ebook.....and finished with the audio book version. I really try hard to get books reviewed before release day when I have an ARC, but the continuing Covid mess and mucho overtime at work because of it has truly messed up my ability to meet deadlines.  But in this case, the situation did give me the joy of sharing the audio experience with my enthusiastic dog, Princess. 

CSE Cooney narrates the audio book (Tantor Audio). The audio is about 8 hours long and Cooney does a great job of voice acting. Very entertaining listening experience. 

Full stars from me. Full barks from Princess. It's a success, Carol! 

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy from Kensington, and listened to audio from Tantor Audio. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment