Saturday, September 4, 2021

REVIEW: World War Z - The Complete Edition

 World War Z: The Complete Edition
Author: Max Brooks
Narrator: Various


I'm a big fan of Zombie stories....and full-cast audio books -- so I jumped in the queue immediately on my public library's digital site. This book was well worth the wait! 

There are two versions of this audiobook. The original audio from 2006 is abridged with some of the stories/first person accounts from the original book left out. This newer audio (The Complete Edition) is unabridged. I loved the fact that some voices are recognizable favorites -- Alan Alda, Mark Hamill, Simon Pegg, Carl Reiner, Rob Reiner, David Ogden Stiers & others. And the first person perspective stories of the zombie apocalypse and the aftermath are awesome! 

The audio is just over 12 hours long. It kept my attention from start to finish. I would have liked a few more stories about normal people escaping the zombies, but the military perspective was interesting and seemed very realistic. 

Definitely a entertaining audio experience for this zombie tale lover! I've never watched the movie....but I heard it had little or nothing to do with the book. I might watch it now that I've listened to the book so that I can complain that it isn't anything the same as the book. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment